After an incredible four-year career with the Michigan Wolverines, Naz Hillmon has announced that she has entered her name into the WNBA Draft, posting a heartfelt message thanking his family, friends, teammates, and the Wolverine community.
Hillmon has posted impressive numbers this season, averaging 21.0 points and 9.6 rebounds in 33.4 minutes per game.
She will go down as one of the most accomplished players to ever wear corn and blue. By MGoBlue.com, this season, she became the first Wolverine — male or female — with 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. She is second in program history with 2,183 points and first with 1,063 boards.
Hillmon helped lead the Wolverines to their best season in program history last year, as they posted an impressive 13-4 record in the Big Ten and a 25-7 regular season record, culminating in fourth place in the AP poll in February. Hillmon’s tenacity and dominance in the post on both sides helped Wolverines to their first Elite Eight appearance in program history.
Here is a list of the individual accolades Hillmon was able to rack up during his time at Michigan (by MGoBlue.com):
- First player in program history to earn All-America honors
- 2021 Wade Trophy Finalist
- 2021 WBCA All-America, 2021 USBWA All-America (first team), 2021 Associated Press All-America (second team), 2021 Sports Illustrated All-America (first team), 2021 The Athletic All-America (first team)
- 2021 Big Ten Player of the Year (consensus)
- 2021 Michigan Female Athlete of the Year
- Three-time All-Big Ten first team (consensus)
- Two-time finalist for the Katrina McClain Award (2020, 2021)
- Twice WBCA All Regions (2020, 2021)
- 2019 Big Ten Freshman and Sixth Player of the Year
- Three-time team MVP
Hillmon should be a lottery pick in WNBA draftand she probably has a long career ahead of her.
We at Maize n Brew will miss seeing her play in Ann Arbor and will continue to follow her throughout her basketball journey.